The heat dissipation of LED street lamps is one of the problems of LED street lamps. Because LED lamps have high brightness requirements and a large amount of heat, and the outdoor environment is harsh. Therefore, it is not only directly related to the luminous efficiency of the LED, but also directly leads to rapid aging of the LED and reduces stability.
Since street lights used outdoors should have a certain degree of dust and water resistance (IP), good IP protection usually hinders the heat dissipation of the LEDs. In this regard, there are also many unqualified and unreasonable situations in led street lamps. The situation of domestic use is basically unqualified and unreasonable:
- (1)The heat sink is used for LED, but the design of the LED connection terminal and the heat sink cannot reach IP45 and above, and cannot meet the requirements of GB7000.5/IEC6598-2-3.
- (2) Using a common road lighting enclosure, a matrix LED is used on the illuminated surface of the luminaire. Although this design can meet the IP test, the temperature inside the luminaire will increase due to the lack of ventilation inside the luminaire. At 50 ° C ~ 80 ° C, under such high conditions, the luminous efficiency of LED can not be high, the service life of LED will be greatly reduced, in fact there are obvious unreasonable conditions.
- (3) The instrument fan is used to dissipate the heat sink in the LED and the bulb. The air inlet is designed under the light to prevent rain from entering. The air outlet is designed to surround the LED light source. This can also effectively prevent rain from entering. In addition, the heat sink and the LED (light source cavity) are not in the same cavity. This design is very good and can be successfully passed according to the IP test requirements of the luminaire. This solution not only solves the heat dissipation problem of LEDs, but also meets the requirements of IP level. But this seemingly good design actually has a clearly unreasonable situation. Because most of the street lights are used in China, the amount of flying dust in the air is large and sometimes reached to a large extent (such as sandstorms). After using this lamp under normal conditions for a period of time (about three months to six months), the gap inside the internal heat sink will be filled with dust, which will greatly reduce the effect of the heat sink. * Due to the high operating temperature, the LED will also shorten the service life. The downside of this program is that it cannot be used consistently.
Aluminum casing Heat Disspation technology introduction
How to improve the heat dissipation function of LED street lights ?
Die casting led street light housing factory in China , LED Outdoor streetlight housing ,led street light fixture,100w led street lighting
If an enterprise wants to produce high-quality LED street lights, it must first do a good job of heat dissipation design of the lamps. As long as the heat dissipation problem is solved, the long life advantage of LED street lights can be realized.
- 1. Passive heat dissipation: the natural convection between the surface of the lamp body of the led street lamp and the air will dissipate the heat generated by the led street light.
- 2.Active heat dissipation mainly uses water cooling and fans to increase the air flow speed on the surface of the radiator to take away the heat on the heat sink and improve the heat dissipation efficiency